- Timer logs then displays the number of days, hours, minutes, and seconds since the page was lasted loaded by a visitor.
- timer.zip (all files plus instructions in one zip)
- This script was abandon by me in 2002 and is listed as public domain.
Open timer.cgi and set the variables
- Set the path to perl. On most systems it's #!/usr/bin/perl but varies by host
- Set the path to your log file. currently set at "timer.txt" but can be set to anything
Upload timer.cgi and timer.txt
- Upload all the files in ASCII mode (the cgi files MUST be uploaded in ASCII, and for the others it's preferable)
- CHMOD timer.cgi to 755 and the timer.txt to 766.
Call the timer from your HTML (or SHTML) page
- To call <!--#include virtual="/cgi-bin/timer.cgi"-->
(if that's where you put the script)